1. I heard what you said about me at that party when you were wasted. I heard that you were completely in love with me, and would've done anything for me. Two things about this got to me: the first being that you still look back and believe that you were in love with me, I never really believed you. The second being the fact that the way you phrased this was all past tense. It's over for you, but it isn't for me. You made me realise I felt for you too, but then you got over it, and left me to contemplate. You moved on. I never did. I still do wonder why you always text me when you're drunk, why you always put so many kisses on those texts, why you don't mind staying up to make sure you cheer me up before I go to sleep, why we still laugh so much on the phone...
2. I saw an old face from my past yesterday. He hurt me badly. We don't speak anymore, even though he speaks OF me to people all the time. I don't think he noticed me, and it bothers me because I know his favourite haunts, and I look for him. He never looks for me, but I guess it's because I don't frequent the places he does. There's a reason for that. I don't look to speak to him. I look just to see him, and to make sure he doesn't see me. I still feel a thrill of fear whenever I see him, it's been a couple of years now. I shouldn't care anymore, but I do. After everything, I still care. I know he's a twat. I'm not in love with him. But I still check his Facebook page sometimes. I still avoid hanging out with people who might invite him along. WHY DO I STILL FEEL SOMETHING?
No comments:
Post a Comment